As your GP, it is our responsibility to care for both our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. To do this effectively, we need your help.
If you were overseas lately or have contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19 and you have symptoms of:
- a fever (at least 38°C)
- a cough
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
you MUST call us first before coming to see us. This is to prevent the spread of the virus, helping to keep both our patients and staff safe.
Feeling Ill Or Suspect You Have COVID-19? (h2)
Please, call us first on 09 280 1790. Do NOT visit the clinic without calling us first. You will be asked about your symptoms and given instructions on what to do next. This may include:
- phoning from your car upon arrival at the clinic, where we will come to you rather than you coming inside
- instructions to cover your face or wear a mask during your appointment
Upon arrival at the clinic, it is also vital that you tell our receptionist immediately if you have any existing or new symptoms, especially a high temperature.
How We Are Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic (h2)
As a medical practice, it is our responsibility to provide care to our patients, while ensuring both they and our staff remain safe. During a pandemic, we must increase the level of protection we offer by implementing new procedures for the good of everyone, including:
- staff wearing masks, gowns and gloves
- increased cleaning and sanitising
- requirement of additional handwashing and hand sanitising
- social distancing between patients and staff, including during appointments, at reception and in the waiting room
- reducing face to face consultations. We can do consult over phone to reduce your chances of getting COVID-19.
We appreciate that the current health situation is upsetting, with many patients being concerned for both the health and welfare of themselves and their families. We ask for your help; help us to help you by following our guidelines, calling us on 09 280 1790and not coming into the clinic.